A home should be a reflection of your personal style, and that extends to every room. Creating a cohesive aesthetic throughout your home can make it feel like a haven, a place where you can relax and be yourself.
Mark Mariani Greenwich shares valuable tips in this regard who used to love exploring the woods near his home and observing the changing seasons and eventually worked to lead a leading firm dedicated to re-build and renovating houses.
Here are a few tips to help you create a cohesive aesthetic in your own home.
● First, consider your color palette. A limited color palette will help to create a feeling of unity throughout your home. You can use accent colors to add interest and variety but stick to a few core hues for the majority of each room.
● Next, think about texture. Incorporating different textures into each room will add depth and interest. Pair smooth surfaces with rough textures, shiny materials with matte finishes, and so on. As you mix and match different textures, pay attention to how they play off of each other.
● Finally, don’t be afraid to mix vintage and contemporary pieces. An eclectic mix of furniture and décor can actually help to create a sense of cohesion in your home. By mixing old and new items, you’ll give each room its own unique personality while still maintaining an overall style for your home.
Additional tips to increase the aesthetical value of your home:
● To achieve this, begin by considering the furniture arrangement.
● Place larger items like sofas and armchairs along the perimeter of the room, creating an open path through the center.
● Then, fill in with smaller pieces like side tables and accent chairs.
● Be sure to leave enough space between items to allow for easy movement throughout the room.
Creating a cohesive aesthetic in your home can make it feel like a haven, a place where you can relax and be yourself. By following a few simple tips, you can achieve a pulled-together look in every room of your house.